I am a self-confessed air fryer addict.
There I said it.
If you don’t have an air fryer then I know what you must be thinking. That it’s just another gimmicky kitchen counter ornament. I was like you too and I hate kitchen counter clutter. So it was a big step to finally jump on the bandwagon and get one.
To say that it was one of the best kitchen purchases I’ve ever made is an understatement. I use it for everything! From quick 15 minute blitzes to have chicken fillets and sweet potato wedges onto plates and into hungry little tummies in no time. For busy moms it’s a game changer! It’s also great for reheating food (I try and avoid a microwave where I can) and crisps up leftovers as if they were freshly made. Nothing soggy or chewy like conventional microwaving tends to affect food.
Anyway, enough harping on about air fryers. If you do have one then you have to make these incredibly easy kale chips right now, even if you have to pillage a neighbours veggie garden to get your hands on some. Tell them I sent you!
Kale Chips in the air fryer
- Air fryer
- Fresh kale leaves washed & dried
- olive oil
- Thoroughly wash and dry the kale leaves
- Strip the curly leaves off the stem into bite-sized chunks
- Add them to a large mixing bowl
- Once all leaves are stripped and added to a bowl, drizzle over the olive oil, salt & pepper and massage well to incorporate the oil and seasoning around the leaves evenly
- Add the leaves into your air fryer basket and bake at 200C (maximum) for 5 minutes initially
- Then if still very green and wobbly cook for a further 2 minutes, checking regularly as it cooks that the leaves aren't starting to burn
- You want to aim at keeping them still green but a little crispy